London Comic Con relies on its’ many volunteers and team leads who commit their time, skills and passion of comics and pop culture to help deliver the ultimate and unforgettable experience to our fans and visitors!
Together we are Team Awesome!
- You must be at least 16 years of age or older.
- You must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
- You must be available for an interview, as well as any orientation meetings that follow your acceptance as a volunteer.
- You must be available to work at minimum 1 complete shift lasting 5-6 hours during Comic Con weekend.
Please Note: Although we do receive many out-of-town requests to volunteer, London Comic Con Inc. Is not responsible for travel, parking or accommodations. It is understood that you are volunteering under your own free will and accord. You will not holdLondon Comic Con Inc responsible for any unfortunate events that you may experience during your time as a volunteer.
- Expected to act appropriately as they are representatives of London Comic Con.
- Expected to maintain confidentiality with any information received at London Comic Con.
- Not permitted to make any statements or actions that would affect the convention, including statements to the public and/or press.
- Expected to perform their requested duties to the best of their abilities. If for any reason volunteers are unable to do what is asked of them, please inform the Supervisor so that other arrangements can be made.
- Not guaranteed to work in a specific event or with specific persons as we expect your assistance wherever necessary to operate a successful event.
- A minimum of one shift lasting between 5-6 hours is required.
- Volunteers are free to participate in the activities of the convention before or after their scheduled duties. Convention leisure time will be awarded as set forth in commitment levels outlined below.
- Volunteers are asked to dress casually and appropriately. No ripped jeans, short shorts or skirts, offensive shirts, etc.
- You will receive a volunteer t-shirt upon arrival to orientation or your shift.
- To be courteous to co-workers and patrons, volunteers will practice clean personal hygiene.
- Please avoid using excessive amounts of perfumes, colognes, and/or hairsprays that may cause a problem for allergy sufferers.
- Volunteers are welcome to come in costume as long as the costumes do not cause any limitations to their abilities to perform their duties.
- The London Comic Con staff reserves the right to dismiss any volunteer whom they feel does not adhere to the guidelines set out by London Comic Con, and/or who fails to satisfactorily complete their duties.
Our amazing volunteers are the heart of our show. Along with a most enjoyable experience and accidentally photo-bombing celebs and cosplayers, volunteers will receive:
- A commemorative London Comic Con T-shirt.
- A glimpse of the behind-the-scenes workings of London Comic Con.
- When off-duty, you’ll have full access to London Comic Con show exhibits. You can attend panels, participate in games, go to Q&A’s and purchase photo/autograph sessions.
- An opportunity to experience invaluable community service and event experience.
- We will sign-off on your student community hours for school if applicable.
* Others gifts are sometimes received from sponsors/vendors and we pass them onto the team