For the safety of all con attendees, the following policy towards such items will be strictly enforced. Costumers are expected to read and comply to it completely.
Failure to do so will result in warnings and potentially the loss of admission to the show.
- NO live firearms. Removal of firing pin or bolt does not negate this rule!
- NO prohibited weapons (as defined by applicable Canadian Laws). Examples include (but are not limited to):
- Bali-song (“butterfly knife”) or switchblade/dropblade style knives.
- Nunchucks, tonfas, shurikens, or similarly restricted martial arts weapons which are illegal under the law (foam models of these items are permitted).
- Law enforcement items such as batons, tazers or mace.
- NO replicas of contemporary firearms (i.e. beginning from the era of revolvers – U.S. Civil War forward to any currently manufactured firearms).
- All weapons must be holstered, sheathed or slung in an approved fashion.
- Weapons will not be drawn or displayed outside of show function space or in any public or crowded area except for specific photo ops areas.
- Due and full consideration must be given to physical safety and peace of mind of other persons at all times. This includes the general public and venue staff, not just other show attendees.
- All weapons or large props must be checked and authorized by show management at upon arrival. Upon approval, the weapon(s) will be bonded and your show badge marked accordingly.
- Any weapons which fail to meet the safety criteria of show management must be immediately (and discreetly) returned to storage (e.g.: your hotel room or vehicle) for the duration of the show or be checked by show management. Please note it is your responsibility to pick up your checked weapons. Any props or weapons left with the show management beyond the close of registration Sunday become the property of London Comic Con.
- Show staff reserve the right to inspect weapons, peace bond and show badge markings at any time. Any signs of tampering will be referred to the show management for confirmation of authenticity.
- Horseplay (of any kind, whether participants are consenting parties or not) with weapons will not be tolerated. All persons involved may be penalized depending upon the nature of the severity of the offense. All complaints of behavior of this nature will be dealt with immediately by London Comic Con.
- Failure to adhere to one or more of the above rules will result in any or all of the following penalties being swiftly enforced:
- Immediate loss of the privilege to carry weapons
- Expulsion from the show without refund
- Any act of gross negligence or public endangerment that may result in criminal charges beyond the control of London Comic Con (please remember that the general public may have no idea that the show is in progress and may react in the extreme if they feel threatened).
The decision of the London Comic Con show management and/or its coordinators are final and will be strictly enforced to ensure a safe environment for all show attendees.
London Comic Con reserves the right to confiscate any weapons for the duration of the show or to escort you outside the show area and forbid you to return with the weapon. Aggravated or repeated failure to obey the above policy may result in expulsion from the show without refund.